goHomePort was launched in 2020 by a highly seasoned team of investors and operators with a mission to make RV ownership easy. goHomePort is the parent company for three synergistic businesses that serve its core mission: 1) goHomePort Storage (focused on acquiring, upgrading and optimizing RV and boat storage properties throughout the United States), 2) goHomePort Rentals (an innovative RV rental management business built around goHomePort’s network of storage properties and additional markets); and, 3) goHomePort Service & Repair (RV repair business designed to meet the need for quality RV repair outside of the dealer channel). We are rapidly expanding our portfolio across the country and innovating new ways for goHomePort to deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers.
Ideal candidates will be experienced, hardworking, trustworthy, and easy to collaborate with on a team. These positions are on-site and offer 8-hour weekdays with occasional weekend availibility as needed in the peak season. We take pride in our work and strive to exceed customer expectations.
The Senior RV Technician will be responsible for performing diagnostic assessments and completing all necessary repairs on Class A, Class C, camper vans/truck campers, travel trailers, pop-ups, and fifth wheels. All work will need to be performed efficiently and accurately and be accompanied by detailed documentation certifying actions taken. While this is not an exhaustive list, the following are some essential duties:
- Perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and appliance maintenance on a variety of vehicles in work bays that are covered/indoors
- Provide excellent customer service when engaging clients & leadership alike
- Repair and install add-on features such as satellite systems, backups systems, awnings, generator systems, etc.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area for team members and clients
- Track all parts and materials used in repairs or replacements
- Advise Service Manager on progress and provide recommendations if repair order needs to be adjusted
- Safely maneuver vehicles in and around shop bays and road test vehicles as needed
- Ensure that the final work product meets quality standards and is inspected by Service Manager or designee
- Assist in mentoring RV technician trainees as needed
- Attend staff meetings, training, and educational classes as requested
- Accurately maintain timecard
- Uphold Federal, State, and local regulations (i.e., disposal of hazardous waste)
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or General Manager
- 6+ years of mechanical/technical experience required, ideally with prior work experience in RV setting—we are willing to train the right individual
- Valid Driver's License needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask while being precise, and exhibiting some flexibility as circumstances warrant (i.e., rush jobs, work volume, etc.)
- A positive "can do" attitude and ability to complete work within expected deadlines
- Must be able to pass background screening prior to employment, and we promote a drug-free work environment
- Must provide own tools
What we offer
- Required to perform work in all-weather situations (work bays are covered/indoors)
- Possible exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, humidity, noise, dust, and wetness
- Frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending, or crouching for prolonged periods of time
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation, and the ability to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally may lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery
- Potential exposure to heights and hazards related to working with electrical and welding equipment, and frequent exposure to mechanical parts, sewage systems, fumes, etc.
- The estimated starting hourly rate for this role is $35.00 - $45.00+, based on experience
- On-going personal and career development, including paid training & advanced certifications
- Medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance benefits & paid time off + holidays